If you have an illegitimate child

According to faraidh, an illegitimate child is not entitled to the estate of his/her biological father.If you are the father of an illegitimate child and wish to leave a part of your estate to him/her, you can provide a maximum of 1/3 of your net estate to the child through your will. However, if you are the mother of the illegitimate child, the child is entitled to your estate, just like your other biological children.

To help you plan your estate, please call us at 6632 9400 or SMS 9185 2559 or email us at enquiry@barakahcapital.com.sg