If you have minor children

If you have minor children, you may consider making a Will to appoint a Guardian for them. If you do not appoint a Guardian for your minor children during your lifetime, the court will appoint a guardian from among your family members. The court-appointed guardian may not be someone whom you would want to appoint as guardian to your children.The appointed guardian should be someone you can trust to care for your children – someone who can bring them up in the same way that you have brought them up particularly with regard to their education and Islamic foundation. This is especially important if you have non-Muslim relatives and want your children to be raised as Muslims. You may also want to appoint a Trustee (who can be a separate person from your Guardian) who can be entrusted with the inheritance of your minor children.

To help you plan your estate, please call us at 6632 9400 or SMS 9185 2559 or email us at enquiry@barakahcapital.com.sg